Monday, September 13, 2010

The Good, The Bad and The Yucky!





During the fall, I become a football widow. Geoff is a football referee and travels all over Central Texas to work games. So I am alone, in a house of little men. Tonight, all was good and quiet in the Grumbles house which is normally a sign of impending doom. With Luke, the sound of a pin dropping normally means he us up to no good. So I leave the office and look in the playroom, he is not there. Then on to our bedroom and I see him, covered in red shreds, smiling at me with a look of accomplishment. I look at him, in all his glory, and laugh uncontrollably, for he is the ultimate mischief maker. According to legends told by my sisters, I was one too.

While I was inspecting the upstairs to see how far the sea of red shreds spread, Tyler told me he had an accident, of the poop variety and on our bed. I am thinking, yippee, I LOVE cleaning up poop! We go into his room and I clean him up. Luke then proceeds to come into the room with the diaper rash cream in his hand which he is spreading all over himself, thinking that he is of big help to me. I am thinking, “Could this get any worse? Calgon, take me away from this red shred and hiney cream hell.” So that was the beginning of my evening, a comedy of errors.

Sometimes good things come from unlikely places. After I cleaned up Tyler, he told me he wanted to go “poop it out on the potty.” I highly encouraged this and offered a wonderful incentive, M & M’s. So there he sat, on the potty, a place which has been the cause of much terror and dread for him and I stand there in amazement! And then it happens -- he poops! I am thinking, this has all been one wild and crazy nightmarish dream, so I pinch myself and let me tell you, it is real! Tomorrow, I will shop till I drop and bring home some blue underwear, at Tyler’s request. We are gonna get this poop party started and party like its 1999! And that is my taste of the good, the bad and the yucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment