Sunday, December 19, 2010

Cute and Funny Little Grumbleisms 2

The boys are so funny and make me laugh all the time with the cute little things they say and do. Here are some of the more recent ones.

1. Tyler jumps in bed to snuggle with Luke and I and Luke tells Tyler, “Get out of MY bed Tyler!” My little man does not like to share mommy with anyone.

2. Geoff asks Tyler if he wants to go watch a football playoff game. And Tyler says, “Sure Daddy. After you clean your room.” Tyler is Mr. OCD and is always wanting to vacuum and clean house.

3. We are all about gender in the house lately. Tyler will recite everyone in our family and tell us their gender. Tyler says, “Daddy is a girl-boy!” I laughed hysterically and Geoff jokingly says, “I have a confession to make, I’m transgender.”

4. Luke beat us downstairs the other day and we caught him getting a snack out of the fridge. He had already chowed down most of it by the time we got downstairs, but was still chewing a little. This made me nervous, since I had no idea what he had gotten into. We asked Luke what he was eating and this was his reply, “I eat the muffin man.” Fortunately it was a pumpkin muffin and not a real or imaginary person.

5. Geoff was putting on his shoes and noticed that his laces were completely undone. Luke is really mischievous and is always getting into things, just like when mommy was little. Geoff says, “Luke, please leave daddy’s shoes alone.” Tyler replies, “Oh no Lukie! I am going to write a note and put it in your folder.” This is what happens at school when Tyler misbehaves – we laughed really hard.

6. A few weeks back, I got a new bedroom furniture set delivered. They boys and I waited downstairs while the delivery men were setting things up. I was multi-tasking, working on a digital scrapbook and chatting online with my dear friend Amber. The men came downstairs and I looked up. Luke had gotten into my purse and had 2 maxi pads adhered to his face. I was mortified! No wonder the delivery men had horrified looks on their faces. I should have taken a picture so I could embarrass Luke when he’s a teenager.

7. I flew out to California to visit my cousin Johanna for Veteran’s Day weekend. The boys went to the airport with Geoff to pick me up and they missed the turnoff for the baggage claim area. Luke got upset and said, “Daddy, go get mommy, PLEASE!!!” So cute, I guess he missed me and needed some mommy love.

8. Tyler is over at Grammy and Pa’s house and looks down at the floors. “Grammy, your floors are very dirty. I think you need to vacuum.” So I explain to Tyler that it is not nice to go to other people’s houses and tell them to clean. Later, when we got home, he lifted up the rug in our kitchen and told me, “Mommy, I see lots dirt, I think I need to vacuum.” If only I were that motivated.

9. Tyler had a dentist appointment recently, so I braved it and took both boys with me. They actually did very well. Tyler was so proud and kept smiling, showing me his clean teeth. On the way back to school, we stopped to get some lunch and the boys ate in the cafeteria with Tyler’s class when we got back to school. Luke lined up with Tyler’s preschool class and walked back to the classroom to say goodbye to Tyler. Luke was not a happy camper, he wanted to go back to Tyler’s class and see his friend, the hamster. Out in the hallway, he began to tantrum and I saw one of the teacher assistants. I told Luke "bye" and to "have fun with Ms. Carol." Luke followed me all the way back to the front of the school. I love how reverse psychology works with my little man.

There is never a dull moment in our house, the little Grumbles men make sure of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment