Friday, March 11, 2011

The Little Fire Hose

It was an almost typical Friday night, the boys and I were celebrating Tyler’s awesome day staying clean and dry in big boy underwear at school. We made homemade pizza and the boys helped me add the toppings, cheese and pepperoni. The celebration continued with ice cream sundaes. After dinner, Tyler wanted to go upstairs and play games on the computer; Luke did too, but I vetoed that. He was filthy from head to toe in pizza sauce, ice cream and chocolate, an interesting combination. After bath was when the fun would begin.

While Luke bathed, Tyler played games on pbskids.org. As soon as bath time was over, Luke ran into the office, wrapped in his froggy towel to join in on the fun. Geoff and I were talking and Luke decided to rid himself of his towel and run naked. He did his little wild dance, which I call the “flash dance” and it made us laugh. Lord help me when he’s older, I think he’s gonna be a streaker. I can totally envision him invoking the Will Ferrell gods and saying, “Let’s go streaking!”

I thought Luke would enjoy a little naked freedom time, so I let him run around without any clothes or diaper. I was in the playroom, cleaning up the mess from Hurricane Luke and hanging up some new posters. Then I decided to check on the boys, so I went into the office. All of a sudden, I see Luke peeing on the floor next to Tyler and then Tyler tells me, “Mommy, there’s smoke.” I stood there, in disbelief, as I watched the smoke come up from the surge protector, which Luke had sprayed with his fire hose. I evacuated the boys from the room and called for back-up. We put the fire out, and I could no longer contain my uproarious laughter. Geoff was not amused and looked like he may blow a fuse himself. After all was calm, I immediately sent out a text message to my friends and sisters; this is what it said:

“Was letting Luke run naked & free after his bath. He peed on our surge protector and caused an electrical fire. I should be pissed, but can’t stop laughing. Then Tyler says, ‘Lukie peed on the fire alarm.’ So glad I have a sense of humor. Never a dull moment.”

Then the funny messages began and made my hilarious evening even more entertaining:

Tony: At least he didn’t get electrocuted, thank God, haha!

Maria: Of all the things he could pee on and that was it! Yikes!! But funny as hell!!

Amber: Jesus! Hahaha! That’s like a slapstick comedy.

Ryan: That one is definitely going in the blog!

Sharisse: Gosh that is funny! Tyler is so smart! He’s gonna b an Einstein.

V: Ha!! That’s the best way to handle it. Can’t change it but you sure can laugh!! Love ya!


Holy cow, I am still laughing! Seriously, the surge protector! Ryan later texted me and told me to keep Luke away from electrical fences. I think that’s an excellent idea! As I write this, our internet and wireless network are down, due to Luke’s peefest. Did I mention he also drenched the wall with his Forrest Gump-like freedom pee? The burning smell kept Tyler out of the office the rest of the night. He is sensitive to smells, so I sprayed the room with air freshener. I am hoping the burn smell will go away soon.

I never know what to expect with my two little men, it is always entertaining and never typical in our house. I am thankful for that! All I have to say is, Luke happens.

1 comment:

  1. We are going camping!! See you later on this week- we will go to the Stagecoach park in Buda, trust me it'll be cool.. Love! :-)

    ReplyDelete