Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Back 2 School



Wow, the much anticipated school year has begun and so far, the boys are adjusting very well. Tyler has been asking to go to school almost all summer long. Every time we passed by Luke's school this summer, he had a fit when I didn't drop him off.

Yesterday was Tyler's first full day and it went beautifully, even though it was a long one for him -- he had occupational therapy after school. I think Mondays are the perfect days for therapy because he is just starting out and he is not yet tired, moody or exhausted. In other words, he will be cooperative, which is a good thing.

This morning, Tyler woke up SUPER happy and was singing the Good Morning song to Geoff and I that they sing at circle every morning. Then he told me how he loves to play with his new friends. This melted my heart -- making friends is very difficult for Tyler.

Luke cried a little at drop-off today. He loved his class and teachers so much last year -- passing by Mrs. Sam this morning was tough for him. I know he will love his new class and teachers this year, but new transitions can be hard at times. Thank goodness he had already settled down by the time I put away all of his things. And he will have some familiar faces too, four of his classmates from last year are among his fellow Ducks.

I am REALLY looking forward to this new school year, the changes and maturity I will see in the boys and all of the new things they will learn. I am so blessed that the boys, once again, have some amazing teachers. Good things will come, I can just feel it.

No comments:

Post a Comment