Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Sweetness of Little Boys


I am so blessed! Tyler and Luke are so happy, sweet and loving. Every night before Luke's bedtime, we read stories (Goodnight Moon, Hush Little Alien, Time for Bed and I Love You Through and Through) and then we go through a long list of people who love him, "Mommy loves you, Daddy loves you, Pa Pa loves you, Grammy and Pa love you, all of your aunts, uncles and cousins love you. Everybody loves you." Luke loves to recite this with me every night and sometimes during the day too. And then we move on to Sesame Street, "Elmo loves you, Big Bird loves you, Cookie Monster loves you and Oscar the Grouch loves you. All of your friends on Sesame Street love you." Luke has his favorite Sesame Street characters on the wall in his room and he loves to point them out during our nightly recitation.

At bedtime, Tyler loves to read his favorite books (Hooray for Fish! and WonderPets Save the Bengal Tiger) and answer questions about who he loves. Tyler, who do you love, "I love Mommy, Daddy, Lukie" and the list goes on and on and on. It includes grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins and therapists -- Tammy and Juliana. Recently Geoff started asking Luke who he loves, and his responses have been so sweet. His little voice is so precious! The other night, he was telling Geoff, "I wuv Aunt Sharissie (Sharisse), I wuv Brice, I wuv aunt Wisa (Lisa), I wuv Max, I wuv Carly, I wuv Joaquin. I wuv Uncle T, I wuv Jenni..." I just love the sweetness of my little boys. Sometimes I just want to bottle it all up. I need to remember this when they are nearly killing each other over toys. Boys will always be boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment