Monday, October 18, 2010

Cute, Funny and Wonderful Little Grumbleisms

The boys have made me laugh so much this week, with the cute little things they say and do. I thought I would share some of my favorites with you.

1. I was kissing Luke, my super kissable, chubby-cheeked little man the other day and he says in all of his cuteness, “Mommy, stop it!” So cute, but apparently getting kisses from mommy in public is out now -- he’s only TWO!

2. Tyler to Luke after Luke sits on the potty, “Luke, if you go poop in the potty, you can wear Ms. Melissa’s badge.” The badge is Tyler’s reward for going poop in the potty at school. Luke looks at Tyler with a “whatever” look.

3. Tyler to Geoff, “Daddy, you went poop in the potty! You can pick out a treat.” This one had me in hysterics. I laughed so hard that I nearly cried. Geoff laughed too, but not so much.

4. Tyler blows his whistle and says, “Mommy, come here! I need a snack.” This was hilarious! At school, he hears Mrs. De Alcala, one of the Pre-K teachers calling her students in, “Mrs. De Alcala’s class, please come in, it’s time for a snack.”

5. At speech therapy on Thursday, Tyler made a poop in the potty! The first he has ever done in a public bathroom other than school. “Mommy, I made a KA-PLUNK!” I was so proud of him! Wonderful progress.

6. Friday morning, we were getting ready to go to story time at the Hampton Branch library. We were meeting Luke’s “girlfriend” Hazel. I had some things to pick up at Hobby Lobby, so I asked Luke if he wanted to go to Hobby Lobby. “NO MOMMY! I go see Hazel.”

7. Luke tells Chama, the dog, “No eat my cookies!” A couple of weeks ago, our cousin’s dog ate Luke’s cookie and he nearly cried.

8. While changing Luke's diaper, he says, “Bye Bye, poo-poo. See you next time.” I guess Luke just needs some closure.

9. For years, we have not been able to use toothpaste with Tyler for fear of it getting puked in our faces. The other day, he tells me, "Mommy, I want some toothpaste." So I obliged and put a little on his toothbrush. He brushed his teeth and rinsed his mouth out with water, without gagging or vomiting. I am still in amazement!

10. When I was shopping last week, Luke and I had to stop off in the ladies room, because I needed to go to the bathroom. So, I had a little audience. After flushing the potty, Luke exclaims in his sweet, yet excited voice, “Yay Mommy! You went pee-pee in the potty.” He also clapped. I guess you can tell we are all about potty training at our house right now. It was precious and made me laugh. It also made the other lady in the bathroom laugh.

11. Last night, during bath-time and out of the blue, Tyler decides he wants to take a shower. So he does. My big boy is growing up!

12. Today, Tyler nagged me to vacuum the house, telling me "Mommy, I need to freakin' vacuum! The floors are dirty downstairs." I have a little neat freak who wishes I would vacuum and clean every day.

It’s the little things that make life incredibly special at our house and keep me smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment