Friday, June 18, 2010

The Poo-Poo Monster

It is becoming increasingly difficult to potty train Tyler. He is terrified of pooping on the potty. I have tried everything short of giving him the world to just go and poop on the potty. He cries, screams and acts like he is being abused. He has even regressed with going pee-pee on the potty. So, I am not sure what to do other than try and be patient.

I think we will be seeing a gastroenterologist soon to make sure everything is okay. The problem is that it take months to get an appointment. There are only a handful of them in the Austin area, so the waiting game is so frustrating!

I already have so many people judging me every day if there is an outburst in public, or if he is engaging in one of his autistic behaviors, such as stimming or being completely OCD or repetitive. Can't someone throw me a bone or something? And now this is the new one I get, "How old is your child? He's 5 and not potty trained!" As if at times I don't feel like the world's worst parent, even though I know that is not the case. I get so tired of all of the stares! One day I will be really bad and wear a "Screw You, My Child has Autism" shirt. Walk in my shoes and you will realize it is not a walk in the park.

Life throws you for a loop at times, but I am hopeful! One day it will happen, and it will be like magic. It will be as if the universe was in total alignment, if even for just a second. And I do believe in magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment