Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Nag Song

Tyler is obsessed with pancakes lately. He wants them every single morning (and for dinner too) and sometimes I just don't feel like getting the griddle out and making them. I tell him, "variety is good, let's have biscuits." And now Luke asks for pancakes almost every morning too. With Luke, I am so lucky, he will eat ANYTHING and I do mean anything.

So as soon as we get downstairs, the early bird will say, "Mommy, I want pancakes, now!" I often have to redirect him and tell him to use the word "please." I don't do very well with a demanding 5 year old at 6:30 am in the morning, especially when I haven't had my coffee. Thankfully Pillsbury has some frozen pancakes that I can just heat up in the microwave. This makes my demanding little boy very happy, but not quite as happy as the real deal. In response to the nagging, I tell Tyler, "No nagging, Mommy doesn't like that." To which he responds with a song he has coined for this very occasion, set to a classical melody.

Nag, nag nag, nag nag nag nag nag nag
(the verse repeats itself)

So here begins my first laugh of the day, Tyler style.

2 comments:

  1. He should sing it to the tune of "Jingle Bells", lol!!! I can totally hear it now... *giggle*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chandelle, you're right! It would sound really good to the tune of Jingle Bells. Haha!

    ReplyDelete